We know that you care how information about you is used and shared and we appreciate your trust in us to do that carefully and sensibly. This privacy notice describes how we collect and process your personal information through the Danish Design website.
Weisz Group, Heijermanslaan 47A, 1422 GV, Uithoorn, The Netherlands, controls the data of personal information collected and processed and collected through the Danish Design website.
What personal data does Danish Design collects.
We collect personal information in order to provide and continually improve our products and website.
Here are the types of information we gather:
- Information you give us: we receive and store any information you provide on the Danish Design website. You can choose not to provide certain information.
- Automatic information: we automatically receive and store certain types of information when you use the Danish Design website, such as information about your use, including your interaction with content available through our website. Like many websites, we use “cookies” and other unique identifiers and we obtain certain types of information when your web browser or device accesses us and other content served by or on behalf of Danish Design on other websites. For more information read our Cookies Notice.
- Information from other sources: we might receive information about you from other sources.
Why do we collect this personal data?
We process your personal information to operate, provide, and improve the Danish Design website that we offer to our customers. These purposes include:
- Purchase and delivery of products. We use your personal information to take and handle orders, deliver products, process payments, and communicate with you about orders, products, and promotional offers.
- Provide, troubleshoot, and improve our webshop. We use your personal information to provide functionality, analyse performance, fix errors and improve usability and effectiveness of the Danish Design website.
- Recommendations and personalization. We use your personal information to recommend products that might be of interest to you, identify your preferences, and personalize your experience with Danish Design.
- Communicate with you. We use your personal information to communicate with you in relation to Danish Design via different channels (e.g., by phone, email, chat).
- Advertising. We use your personal information to display interest-based ads for products that might be of interest to you.
- Fraud Prevention and Credit Risks. We process personal information to prevent and detect fraud and abuse in order to protect the security of our customers, Danish Design, and others. We may also use scoring methods to assess and manage credit risks.
- Purposes for which we seek your consent. We may also ask for your consent to process your personal information for a specific purpose that we communicate to you. When you consent to our processing your personal information for a specified purpose, you may withdraw your consent at any time and we will stop processing of your data for that purpose.
Does Danish Design share my personal data?
Information about our customers is an important part of our business and we are not in the business of selling our customers’ personal information to others. Danish Design only shares customers’ personal information to features offered in our webshop as described below. Other parties are either subject to this Privacy Notice or follow practices at least as protective as those described in this Privacy Notice.
- Third Party Service Providers: We employ other companies and individuals to perform functions on our behalf. Examples include fulfilling orders for products, delivering packages, sending postal mail and e-mail, removing repetitive information from customer lists, analysing data, providing marketing assistance, providing search results and links (including paid listings and links), processing payments, transmitting content, scoring credit risk, and providing customer service. These third party service providers have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, but may not use it for other purposes. Further, they must process the personal information in accordance with this Privacy Notice and as permitted by applicable data protection laws.
- Protection of Danish Design and Others: We release account and other personal information when we believe release is appropriate to comply with the law; enforce or apply our Terms and Conditions and other agreements; or protect the rights, property, or safety of Danish Design, our users, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for fraud protection and credit risk reduction.
Other than as set out above, you will receive notice when personal information about you might be shared with third parties and you will have an opportunity to choose not to share the information.
Transfers out of the European Economic Area: Whenever we transfer personal information to countries outside of the European Economic Area, we will ensure that the information is transferred in accordance with this Privacy Notice and as permitted by the applicable laws on data protection.
How secure is information about me?
We design our systems and devices with your security and privacy in mind.
- We work to protect the security of your information during transmission by using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) software, which encrypts information you input.
- We follow the Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard (PCI DSS) when handling credit card data.
- We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards in connection with the collection, storage, and disclosure of personal customer information. Our security procedures mean that we may occasionally request proof of identity before we disclose personal information to you.
- Our devices offer security features to protect them against unauthorized access and loss of data. You can control these features and configure them based on your needs.
- It is important for you to protect against unauthorised access to your password and to your computers, devices, and applications. Be sure to sign off when you finish using a shared computer.
What about third-party advertisers and links to other websites?
Danish Design may include third-party advertising and links to other websites and apps. Third party advertising partners may collect information about you when you interact with their content, advertising, and services.
What information can I access?
You can access your information, including your name, address, profile information, in the “Your Account” section of the website.
What choices do I have?
If you have any question or objection as to how we collect and process your personal information, please contact our Customer Service. Some of our Danish Design services also include settings that provide you with options as to how your data are being used.
- As discussed above, you can choose not to provide certain information but then you might not be able to take advantage of certain services.
- You can add or update certain information on pages such as those referenced in the „Information you can access“ section. When you update information, we might keep a copy of the previous version for our records.
- If you don't want to receive e-mail or other communication from us, please adjust your profile or unsubscribe from our newsletter.
- If you want to browse our websites anonymously, you may do so by logging out of your account and disabling cookies on your browser.
- When you consent to our processing your personal information for a specified purpose, you may withdraw your consent at any time and we will stop any further processing of your data for that purpose.
In addition, subject to applicable law, you have the right to request access to, correct, and delete your personal data, and to ask for data portability. You may also object to our processing of your personal data or ask that we restrict the processing of your personal data in certain instances. If you wish to do any of these things, please contact our Customer Service.
How long do we keep your personal information?
We keep your personal information to enable your continued use of the Danish Design website, for as long as it is required in order to fulfil the relevant purposes described in this Privacy Notice, as may be required by law such as for tax and accounting purposes, or as otherwise communicated to you.
Our business changes constantly and our Privacy Notice will change also. You should check our website frequently to see recent changes. Unless stated otherwise, our current Privacy Notice applies to all information that we have about you and your account. We stand behind the promises we make and will never materially change our policies and practices to make them less protective of customer information collected in the past without the consent of affected customers.
Examples of information collected
You provide information to us when you:
- search for products or browse on our website;
- place an order through Danish Design;
- download, stream, view, or use content on a device, or through a service or application;
- download or use an application on a device;
- provide information in „Your Account”;
- upload your contacts;
- communicate with us by phone, e-mail, or otherwise;
- complete a questionnaire, a support ticket, or a contest entry form;
As a result of those actions, you might supply us with such information as: your name; address and phone number; payment information; your age; your location information; people to whom purchases have been dispatched, e-mail addresses of your friends and other people; credit history information.
Examples of the information we collect and analyse include:
- the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer or other device to the internet;
- login, e-mail address, and password;
- computer, device, and connection information such as device application or browser type and version, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system, or time zone setting;
- the location of your device or computer;
- content interaction information, such as content downloads, streams, and playback details including duration and number of simultaneous streams and downloads, and network details for streaming and download quality, including information about your internet service provider;
- device metrics such as when a device is in use, application usage, connectivity data, and any errors or event failures;
- purchase and content use history
We may also use device identifiers, cookies, and other technologies on devices, applications and our web pages to collect browsing, usage or other technical information for fraud prevention purposes.
Information you can access
Examples of information you can access through the Danish Design website include:
- status of recent orders (including subscriptions);
- your complete order history;
- information in Your Account (including name, e-mail, password, communications, address book);
- payment settings (including payment card information and gift voucher, gift card, and cheque balances);
- e-mail notification settings (including Product Availability Alerts, Delivers, Special Occasion Reminders, and newsletters).